Home Security Tips: 7 Summer Do's and Don'ts
Burglary rates drastically increase during the summer. Protect your home with these home safety tips or even better, with an ADT Security System.
Imagine this, you go on a vacation or even a weekend getaway with your family and you come back to your home broken into. All your valuable possessions GONE! Family photos, important documents DESTROYED! Your home, your comfort zone, your place of solitude VIOLATED! What do you do now? Call the local police? Of course. Document everything that's missing? Absolutely. Recover your peace of mind? Not quite. How do you feel safe in your own home again, knowing that what you thought would never happen to you just did?
Safety Tips for Your Home
Unfortunately burglaries drastically increase during the warmer weather and the following are some tips to help protect your home just a little bit more.
- DO have a neighbor, family member or friend collect mail, newspapers, or anything else that may indicate that the home is unoccupied.
- DON'T ever post your vacation plans on any social networking sites. Burglars use sites such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc. to target your home while you're on vacation, probably under the assumption that your home and belongings are safe.
- DO make sure that your home looks like it is being lived in. For example, you can set timers for the lights to come on and off periodically throughout the day, making it a little more difficult for an intruder to know whether someone is or isn't in the home.
- DON'T leave any valuables out where they can be seen from outside the window. However, in any event, valuables should always be kept in a safe place.
- DO keep record of all valuables including pictures and any serial numbers.
- DON'T ever leave a spare key anywhere outside of your home. As you may think it's a good idea for an emergency situation, unfortunately that isn't so much the case. Imagine the traumatic situation that may unravel before you, if a burglar were to find the key.
- DO yourself and your family a favor by giving us a call to schedule a free home security review and protect the most important thing you can lose, your PEACE OF MIND
Please do not be another statistic and advise your family and friends of the damage that can be done both physically and emotionally. With that said, please refer anyone that can benefit from some important information and make it a safe summer.