ADT’s 139th Birthday
More than 2,000 Team Members Celebrate ADT’s 139th Birthday by Participating in its First-Annual Day of Service on August 17
Team Members to Volunteer with More Than 40 Nonprofits in the U.S. and Canada
Boca Raton, Fla., Aug. 15, 2013– More than 2,000 ADT team members across the U.S. and Canada will roll-up their sleeves on August 17th for a day of service to celebrate the company’s 139th birthday and to launch its community service program, ADT Always Cares. Through company-sponsored volunteer events,ADT Always Cares will enable team members and their families to positively impact charities that protect vulnerable populations and support first responders in their communities.
“Always Cares will be a great catalyst to bring the ADT family together through service to the organizations that matter most to our local communities,” said Anita Graham, chief human resources officer at ADT. “The program is an integral part of our culture at ADT, and we look forward to building long-term relationships with these local nonprofits.”
ADT team members in seven North American markets will participate in more than 50 events for the ADT Always Cares day of service. Some of the volunteer events include:
- Boca Raton, Fla.: South Florida team members will perform landscaping and yard maintenance at SOS Children’s Village, a unique foster care neighborhood that allows for brothers and sisters to remain together.
- Knoxville, Tenn.: The Knoxville team will deliver food to the Second Harvest Food Bank, the region’s largest hunger-relief charity that distributes about 16 million pounds of food a year to over 500 nonprofits.
- Jacksonville, Fla.: Jacksonville team members will clean local beaches to create a more attractive environment for citizens to enjoy during the upcoming Labor Day weekend.
- Rochester, N.Y.: The Rochester team will beautify the grounds at CP Rochester, an organization that helps individuals with physical and developmental disabilities.
- Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas:Dallas-Fort Worth team members will remove trash, plant trees and construct picnic tables and benches at Mountain Creek Preserve.
- Denver, Colo: The Denver team will cut and create mulch rings around trees at the Aurora Municipal Center.
- Calgary, Ontario:The Calgary team will decorate and paint rooms at the Universal Rehabilitation Service Agency, an assisted living residential community.
“ADT is part of a growing number of companies implementing effective volunteer programs that benefit the community and contribute to employee retention, recruitment, and team building efforts.” said Colleen Olphert, director of membership at Boston College Center for Corporate Citizenship. “We applaud ADT for launching such a valuable program and wish them great success.”